Sweet Potato Sticky Pudding
- 2 large sweet potatoes (baked and peeled)
- 7 eggs
- 2 cup homemade Tigernut Milk
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons , melted
- 2 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted (use regular, or try
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
For the sticky pudding:
For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the pudding ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Using metal muffin tins, place a dollop of each of the cups in the tin. Place tin in the oven for about 2-3 minutes (or until the shortening is melted and sizzling).
- Remove tins from the oven and immediately pour the pudding batter into each of the muffin cups. The batter should sizzle slightly when it hits the boiling palm shortening.
- Place tins in oven and cook for 55-65 minutes. Use a knife to pierce the top and make sure the buns are cooked (knife should come out clean).
- Let the buns cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin. While the buns are cooling, combine the melted ghee, syrup and cinnamon. Taste and adjust as needed. When buns are cool, drizzle topping over and serve.
These buns can "dribble" over the muffin tin when cooking sometimes. To avoid having burning palm shortening on the bottom of your oven, you should bake the muffin tins on top of a baking sheet.